About the branch:
Is one of the basic department in the Faculty of Medicine, as the materials under the curriculum of the third stage, the microbiology branch is taught to introduce the student to various microorganisms such as bacteria, parasites, viruses and fungus by looking at their general characteristics and methods of reproduction and spread, To the most important methods used in diagnosis and prevention, in addition to remind them mechanisms used by the immune system in the human body to get rid of pathogens, the development of autoimmune diseases and the development of cancers.
The Teaching Staff of the Branch:
|Prof.Dr.Luma Taha Ahmed||Head of Branch|
|Ass.Prof.Dr. Mohammed Jasim Shaker||The branch supervisor|
|Prof.Dr.Ismail Ibrahim Latif||Teaching staff|
|Prof. Dr. Areej Atiyah Hussein||Teaching staff|
|Prof.Dr.Burooj Mohammed Rozooqi||Teaching staff|
|Ass.Prof.Dr. Rawaa Abdulkaliq Hussein||Teaching staff|
|Ass.Prof.Dr. Anfal Shakir Motib||Teaching staff|
|Ass.Prof.Dr.Shaima’a Rahem Hussien||Teaching staff|
|Lec.Hiba Hadi Rashid||Teaching staff|
|Ass.Lec.Noor Ibrahim Zaidan||Teaching staff|
Vision, Message And Objective:
- Through education: The department seeks to be a pioneer among the scientific department of medical colleges in terms of academic level of teaching staff and graduate students.
- Through research: The department should be an excellent center for scientific creativity through training and research in the field of microbiology and immunology.
Provide students of under and post graduate studies with scientific information related to microbiology and immunology, communication skills, training, experience and work as a team.
- Prepare competent doctors who are able to diagnose pathogens.
- Development of teaching staff through providing the appropriate environment and opportunities for training and the development of postgraduate studies, in line with the increasing numbers of students studying and the continued development of the department.
- Initiate research projects to find solutions to diseases related to human life in general and the Iraqi society in particular.
Laboratories of the Department:
- Microbiology Laboratory
- Parasitology Laboratory
- Immunology laboratory
The educational subjects for under and postgraduate study:
- Subjects and Special Units for Students of under graduate Studies (Phase III):
- Subjects and Special Units for Students of post graduate Studies (Master in Medical Microbiology):
- First year (First semester)
- First year (Second semester)