About the branch:
Branch of physiology was established at the beginning of the academic year 2003-2004 with the acceptance of the first batch of students in the college.
The first task of the department was teaching medical physics to the first stage in the academic year 2003-2004 followed by the addition of medical physiology for the second stage in the next year. The department includes two laboratories; one for medical physics where experiments related to physical phenomena are achieved and the other laboratory is for medical physiology where practical training in studying human body functions is achieved for the second stage students like EMG, Spirometer, ECG, EEG and Sonar addition to the equipments of hematology, body fluid test, blood pressure, eye tests and ear tests. The department seeks to develop the staff through participating in specialized courses in radiation protection as an example in addition to symposium for community awareness.
The Branch contribute in community serve through scientific research in medical physics and physiology by studying physical phenomena used in modern technology which has direct effect on the health of individual and community, like cell phones and equipments used in diagnosis and therapy that emit ionizing radiation in addition to laser and sonar. Also the department has an active contribution in supporting research projects for the students through the cooperation with the other departments in college and teaching hospitals in addition to the cooperation with the college of physical education by conducting medical examinations needed to enrich their researches using the equipments found in our laboratories.
The Teaching Staff of the Branch:
|Prof.Dr.Suad Muslih Al-deen Abdul Majeed||Head of Branch|
|Lec.Dr.Asma’a Abbass Ajwad||The branch supervisor|
|Prof.Dr.Amer Dawood Majeed||Teaching staff|
|Lec.Dr. Ahmed Khalid Abdullah||Teaching staff|
|Lec.Dr.Rana Abdulsalam Majeed||Teaching staff|
|Lec.Ibrahim Tareq Ibrahim||Teaching staff|
|Lec.Manar Abd Alrazaq Hassan||Teaching staff|
Vision, Message And Objective:
Continuous development in medical physiology and medical physics teaching for the students of medicine in order to form a solid scientific basis for the future clinical and scientific skills through the application of various academic and practical mode.
- To teach medical physiology and medical physics theoretically and practically using modern learning methods to prepare the students for future studies in clinical and research fields.
- To concentrate on the special research activities to find solutions for the health problems in Iraqi society.
- To contribute in supporting research projects that serve the reality of the society through cooperation with the other departments in the college.
- To cooperate with the other colleges to carry out research projects for both the students and staff.
- Seeking for graduate studies in medical physiology and medical physics.
The objectives of physiology and medical physics department is to get the best output through comprehensive annual plans for teaching, research and scientific activities by following these main applications:
- Providing the students with the latest information in human physiology and medical physics to contribute in graduating competent physicians to serve the community.
- Using modern learning methods in teaching medical physiology and medical physics to create solid basis which support the students in superiority and acquisition of clinical and research skills.
- Using modern equipments in the practical training.
- Tutorial development in medical physiology and medical physics through the application ofSmall Groups Learning Methods and Problem Solving Methods in addition to Student Centered Method to contribute in graduating competent physicians who possess high quality skills of research and teaching in this field .
- The development of the research program for the department to strengthen the scientific researches to serve community health and keep abreast of worldwide scientific development.
- Awareness of the community about the importance of the studying of human body functions in order to differentiate the normal and abnormal cases by carrying out symposiums and workshops with the contribution of the other departments.
- Carrying out symposiums and workshops in addition to scientific sessions in order to aware the community about the importance of studying medical physics and its relationship to both the individual and community health specially the ionizing radiation that are emitted by using the diagnostic and therapeutic equipment.
|1||Ahmed Kh. Abdullah||Medical Physics||Lecturer||PhD||Iraq/Baghdad University/ College of Science||Head of Physiology dept.|
|2||Amer D. Majed||Bio-medical Physics||Assistant Professor||PhD||Iraq/Mustansiriya University/ College of Science||Deen assistant|
|3||Ibrahim T.Ibrahim||Medical Physics||Assistant Lecturer||Msc||Iraq/Baghdad University/ College of Medicine||Coordinator of Physiology|
|4||Asmaa A. Ajwad||Medical Engineer-ing||Lecturer||Msc||Iraq/Al-Nahrain University/ College of Engineering|
|5||Saud M. Al-Deen||Medical physics||Assistant Professor||PhD||Iraq/Mustansiriya University/ College of Medicine|
|6||Mohammed W. Abed||Physics||Assistant Physicist||Bsc||Iraq/Baghdad University/ College of Science||Media & G. Relationships Division Official|
- Laboratory of Medical Physics: where experiments related to physical phenomena and their medical applications are achieved for the first stage students.
- Laboratory of Physiology: where practical training in studying human body functions is achieved for the second stage students like EMG, Spirometer, ECG, EEG and Sonar addition to the equipment’s of hematology.